Sunday, November 9, 2008

Free Scarf Pattern!

I finished the scarf! It is vibrant, soft, and squishy and I love it.

I made this pattern because I wanted a subtly striped scarf. After falling in love with this color I decided that instead of using two different colors, I would use two different textures to create noticeable, but subtle strips. This scarf pattern is easy to memorize, and quick to knit up. The width of the scarf can be changed by casting on more or less stitches, and the length of the scarf can be lengthened or shortened depending on how many repeats you knit.
This pattern calls for Caron Simply Soft Eco® which is a yarn line that not only has beautiful colors, but is also 20% post-consumer plastic bottles. For each scarf knitted from this yarn, one entire plastic bottle has been used and kept out of the crowded landfills. I plan on making a matching hat and mitten set to match this scarf at a later date so keep your eyes peeled!

I have added this free pattern to a new "Free Patterns" category on the right side bar. Feel free to print it off for you and your friends! Also, let me know if you make your pattern because I would love to see this scarf in different colors


3 comments:

Auriya said...

I really wanted to print out this pattern, but the site that is holding your pdf does not have that option. I appreciate that it is a free pattern, but it would be nice to be able to print it out.

Heather Strom said...

Auriya, screenshot it

Elentarien said...

I would love to make this pattern, but the site holding the pdf is awol - and there is no option on this page to view the pattern. Please please fix the link! It's a lovely scarf!