Saturday, November 8, 2008

Textured Stripes Scarf


Originally uploaded by TinaYint
So, it has started to snow where I live, and although I find snow incredibly annoying it has also given me to motivation to try to finish this scarf ASAP.

I realized that in my haste to get back on the road when I picked these material up that I had probably grabbed the wrong sized knitting needles but they were bamboo needles on clearance for two bucks so I didn't care. Turns out they are four sizes too big for the yarn, but this actually is working out great because the scarf is light and airy and has amazing drape but is still thick enough to keep me warm.

Please forgive me for the lousy quality of the photos because we have no sunlight right now and the weather forecast isn't predicting any for a few days and I am impatient.

Look for the finished scarf and the pattern sometime in the next few weeks!

No comments: